Understanding your needs
Attracting and retaining top talent remains a key challenge for many organisations. People are the heart of your business and working to establish an effective reward structure will help to retain talent and drive performance.
Our team of experts can work with you to create a reward structure that is both tax efficient and compliant while being attractive to employees.
How we can help
We help our clients with a wide range of issues including advising management teams on private equity transactions, structuring company share ownership, designing employee equity incentive plans, structuring asset or company share acquisitions, management buy-outs, company exits, corporate reorganisations and family investment structures.
We support individuals and private and public companies by offering expert advice in the following areas:
Tax advice & planning
- Key tax and structuring matters for individuals and companies
- Tax efficient equity investments (EIS/SEIS)
- Disposal of company shares and company share buy-backs
- Personal and family investment structures
- Corporate restructuring, expansions and demergers
- Tax implications of equity awards for executives, directors, employees and employers
- Tax planning and tax beneficial elections
- Expanding into new countries
- International tax planning
- Financial modelling on the impact of the incentive arrangements
Stock plan design
- Employee equity incentive plans and share options
- Developing balanced and attractive reward schemes
- Share plan design, drafting and implementation
- Assisting with employee communications
- Reviewing client shares scheme plans, commenting on reportable/chargeable events and advising on related payroll procedures
- Implementation of employee ownership trusts including designing compliant bonus schemes.
- Design and implementation of employee remuneration planning advice, drafting employee communications and technical reports together with advising on the personal tax implications
- Providing tax and implementation advice in relation to:
- Employee benefit trusts
- International Pension Plans
- Employer Financed Retirement Benefit Schemes
- Unapproved share plans such as Jointly Owned Equity schemes and restricted share plans
- Advice to executives in relation to their employer provided benefits such as life insurance, etc. to maximise the value to them of the benefits provided
- Board level questions or concerns
- Advising on corporate withholding requirements
- Payroll assistance and filings
- Tax, social security, and reporting
- Cross-border reporting
- Accounting advice
Our people, your partners
We work with a number of well-known UK and international organisations, supporting them with their UK and international share plans, incentives tax planning and compliance obligations. We support many executives of listed and private companies, providing them with the highest level of service.
We are a ‘one stop’ advisor and provide both tax planning and the ongoing reporting including personal tax returns, and employer obligations such as Employment Related Securities (ERS) reporting.